This in-depth course is designed to give qualified aromatherapists further insight into essential oils and their use in a healthcare setting. The course presents a fresh approach to the study of the effects of essential oils on the body and mind, which will allow the participant an increasingly comprehensive understanding of the essential oils, their pharmacological and their therapeutic effects on clients. This is achieved by using the available course time to concentrate on the chemistry of essential oils and how to use them in various different methods.
Although full body massage is not taught in this course, compresses, intense applications and breathing mask applications are included in the course. Creating capsules pessaries and suppositories will also be taught. The course has been designed to accommodate the needs of the following classes of people who already hold an aromatherapy qualification.
- Practising aromatherapists who wish to incorporate more advanced techniques into their own practice and working areas and who do not have the time or the desire to carry out lengthy massage sessions.
- Aromatherapists who wish to extend and deepen their knowledge of essential oils and their use in other areas are either not taught at all or not taught in sufficient detail on their basic aromatherapy courses e.g. short specific area massage/application as used in hospitals and clinical practice, compresses, lymph applications etc.
Structure and Content of the Course
The course elaborates on the structure, properties and effects of the main compounds found in essential oils; the chemistry knowledge contained in this course is essential for therapists intending to use the oils clinically. Blending techniques where essential oils are pin-pointed by their chemical components to treat certain conditions and integrity of practice are explored with different methods of application of essential oils.
Application techniques are taught, including specialised local massage movements, specific reflex points, pessary and suppository manufacture and application, compresses and manufacture and encapsulation of vegetable oils.
Exam & Case Studies
The Advanced Diploma in Clinical Aromatherapy is awarded after successful completion of the homework assignments and case studies required. There is an Exam day fee of £100+VAT (Separate)
Booking a Course
Courses can be booked online, by email to [email protected], or by telephone at 01455 251 020. Provisional bookings can be made by phone (Monday – Friday 09:00 am – 5:00 pm) or by email. These bookings must be confirmed by payment of a deposit (50% of the full course fee) and copies of the relevant qualifications where required. The remaining balance of the fee is due 14 days before the course starting date. All bookings will be acknowledged by post or email, with directions and accommodation details provided. The start and end times of the course and other details will be in the latter of the acceptance.
If you are unable to attend a course for any reason, the following will apply:
- Cancellations given over 14 days’ notice will receive a refund or be transferred to another course less a £10 cancellation fee.
- To take their chosen course via Distance Learning, at no extra cost, if the course is available as such.
- The option to have a 1:1 bespoke training session for an additional £75 per day. (Applies to CPD only.)
- A full refund.
Please ensure you have read and understood these terms and conditions of booking.
What to Wear?
Students at the Academy are encouraged to be relaxed and at ease. For this reason, it is recommended loose comfortable trousers and tops are worn that enable easy movement and do not restrict the body. All loose tops and shirts should be tucked in to prevent ‘trailing’ on the client for practical courses. Shoes should be flat-heeled and comfortable.