Diploma in Clinical Aromatherapy full course modules – All case studies and homework assignments should be completed before moving on to the next module
Module 1 studies: A Primary Understanding: The Fundamentals and History of Aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy massage, its principles & benefits
- The properties and effects of 12 of the most popular essential oils
- Methods of extraction, storage and blending and the use of carrier oils
- History of aromatherapy and massage together with the philosophy of holistic healing
- Introduction to botany, plant cell function & photosynthesis
Module 2 studies: A Deeper Exploration: The Materials and Benefits of Aromatherapy
- A comprehensive appreciation of body analysis for assessment of clients
- Choosing appropriate oils, creams and lotions used in the aromatherapy treatment for specific ailments and conditions
- Extended massage principles are demonstrated and practised thoroughly
- Introduction to plant families and therapeutic and physical properties of essential oils and their pharmacological effects on the body
- Properties and effects of 15 essential oils
- Introduction to the chemistry of essential oils and their component parts
- Introduction to Hydrolats
Module 3 studies: A Critical Investigation: The Chemistry and Taxonomy of Essential Oils
- Specific techniques in massage including Aromaflexology massage.
- Information on plant families and essential oils is expanded
- Organic chemistry and essential oil components awareness
- Toxicity, essential oil purity and safety
- 15 carrier oils are discussed in depth
- Allergy and substance sensitivity.
- The properties and effects of 15 essential oils are studied.
Students are required to attend an examination day at a cost of £100+VAT following the completion of Module 4. The exam will assess both the practical and theory elements and if successful providing all other elements are completed the student will be awarded their diploma.