Aromatherapy for the Emotions
Explore how aromatherapy can be related to the higher levels of the human mind and being
CPD – 6 points (IFPA) / 5 points (FHT)
Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy has long understood the very close link that exists between mental processes, emotional distress and physical health. It is true to say that healers of all ages and traditions have been aware of the impact that the subtle has on the physical.
This thought-provoking course explores how aromatherapy can be related to the higher levels of the human mind and being. Chemical properties of essential oils are considered, helping the student to equate mental processes to bodily function. A wide variety of emotions are explored and explained in context with essential oils. Learning about the deeper influences of essential oils on the psyche improves treatment planning.
Pre-requisite: A qualification in Anatomy and Physiology | An aromatherapy qualification to PPA standards
What Will I Learn?
- What is Stress?
- Signs that someone may be experiencing stress
- What Happens when we get stressed?
- The Therapist’s Role
- How do essential oils help with stress?
- The Limbic System
- The Endogenous Cannabinoid System
- Methods of Use
- Essential oils that are useful for stress
- Stress-Related Illnesses
- Chart of Emotional Effects of Essential Oils
- Nurture Blends
- Massage Routine for Seated Client