The PPA Reflexology Diploma is accredited by the FHT.
To secure the practical and theoretical skills learned during the course, homework may be given to assist the students during the evenings of the course.
Students will need to have recognized qualifications in Anatomy and Physiology, First Aid and Business Studies (all available at PPA).
The Penny Price Reflexology Diploma includes:
• History of reflexology
• How does reflexology work
• Foot disorders
• The reflexology treatment
• Anatomy and Physiology of the foot
• Reflexology techniques for pregnant women
• Reflexology of the ear and hand
• Revision and supplementation of reflexology notes
• Zones and cross-reflexes
• Reactions to treatment
• Questions for assessment purposes
• Medical liaison and referral
• Common ailments and treatment
• Codes of ethics and practice
• Health and safety in practice
• Case taking and reflective practice
• Home treatment advice
• Pathology of common ailments
• Pathology of the feet and hands
The course is accredited by the FHT.
Comprehensive course notes and handouts are given out for each module. Treatment couches, foot sprays, and other products used during the course are provided. Textbooks, accommodation and food are not included in the fees. 100 hours of case studies are to be completed along with an in-house exam. Please contact the Academy for details.
See what the modules include
Module 1 studies:
- What is Reflexology?
- The history of reflexology and how it has developed as a treatment
- How does Reflexology work and how can it help?
- Contra-indications to Reflexology
- Reactions to reflexology
- The benefits of Reflexology
- Anatomy & Physiology of the foot
- The reflexology treatment:
- The treatment sequence part one- the plantar view
- Zones and cross Reflexes
- Case study guidance (10 case studies, and 8 practice treatments)
Module 2 studies:
- Codes of ethics and practice
- Health and Safety in practice
- Pathology of common ailments of the feet
- Medical liaison and referral
- The Reflexology treatment:
- The treatment sequence part two- the dorsal view
- Keeping client records
- Working with hands
- Anatomy and physiology of the hand
- Nail conditions
- Hand and skin conditions
- The hand Reflexology treatment
- Case study guidance (20 case studies and 7 practice treatments)
Module 3 studies:
- Reflexology in pregnancy
- Ear Reflexology
- Revision and practice of Reflexology
- Working as a reflexologist
- Final Practical and written assessment
- Homework: 10 case studies and 8 practical treatments
Throughout the course, students will carry out 5 observed and assessed treatments. In addition to this students will be required to complete 40 case studies in their own time, providing evidence in written form.
“Students will be required to attend an exam day at a cost of £100+ VAT which will include a 2 hour written exam followed by a 1 hour practical assessment in order to complete the course.
Our next Reflexology Exam is TBC
You can select any single module/s or the whole diploma course from this dropdown box here. Your selection can still be amended at checkout too.
Our latest courses
Register with us
Penny Price Aromatherapy
Leicestershire LE10 3BE
Tel: 0844 8844 966 or 01455 458099
Fax: 01455 610313
Registered in England 04772603