Baby and Child Massage
Baby and Child Massage studies include:
- Assessment techniques
- Case Taking
- Anatomy and Physiology relevant to baby massage
- Contra-indications and precautions
- Carrier oils and suitable massage mediums
- Massage techniques for a full baby massage
- Methods of teaching massage to mothers
- Holism and nurturing
- Common ailments
- Allergies and sensitivities
The massages taught will be practised on dolls. Live models with their parents may be present for the afternoon, this depends on availability. Massage techniques will include strokes for newborn babies, toddlers and young children.
This course is to teach qualified therapists how to teach individuals or groups of mothers to massage their own babies and children. It can also be used to preform these massages professionally and to be qualified in this area.
Pre-requisite – A qualification in massage