FHT CPD Points 25 | IFPA CPD Points 30 | Theory Only
Module 3 studies: A Critical Investigation: The Chemistry and Taxonomy of Essential Oils
Entitled ‘A Critical Investigation: The Chemistry and Taxonomy of Essential Oils’, this is the third of four modules in The Penny Price Academy of Aromatherapy course for the award of ‘Diploma of Clinical Aromatherapy’, and is designed for aspiring professional aromatherapists and alternative health practitioners.
The learning is based on the course notes provided, background reading and research materials supplied. The student will need to complete this module and the required assessments successfully before proceeding to the next module. Advice is offered at every stage of the course through contact with a personal tutor. Upon successful completion of all four modules and exam, a Penny Price Aromatherapy Diploma will be awarded.
5% Discount if you purchase all 4 modules together, use code: DCAMODS upon checkout
What Will I Learn?
- Information on plant families and essential oils is expanded
- Organic chemistry and essential oil components awareness
- Toxicity, essential oil purity and safety
- Allergy and substance sensitivity
- 15 carrier oils are discussed in depth
- The properties and effects of 15 essential oils are studied.
- At the end of the course, you are required to download and print the Assignment Paper (PDF). Please answer all the questions and return it by either post or email ([email protected])
- To gain your diploma and be issued with your certificate you will need to hold qualifications in both Anatomy and Physiology and Business Studies as core learning. If you already hold such a qualification to the same level, we would just need evidence of this. Alternatively, we have options for these elements to be completed with us and they can be undertaken at any time before, during or after your aromatherapy studies.
No kit is included with this learning method, however can be purchased separately here.
DCA Module 3: Section 1
Quality of Essential Oils
Essential Oil Properties & Effects
Section 1 Quiz