Care of the Elderly and Aromatherapy is a course to determine which essential oils are best suited to the frail and elderly, and which methods of use are the most effective in cases of different common ailments. Several common ailments are discussed in detail as well as the treatment plans and applications for each ailment in the light of individuality.
Some of the greatest benefits to both patients and carers come from the use of essential oils with the elderly since quality of life is improved for all concerned. Studies are presented that show definite reductions in the need for medication for sleep disturbances in settings where aromatherapy has been tried. Treatments for a variety of conditions often associated with old age are given, with particular reference to rheumatology.
- Essential Oils for the Elderly
- Dosages for the Elderly
- Skin Conditions
- Muscular Conditions
- Respiratory Conditions
- Skeletal Conditions
- Senility / Dementia / Memory Loss
- Digestion & Digestive Treatments
- Excretory Conditions & Treatments
Kit Included distance learning only
- 10ml Amyris – Amyris balsamifera
- 10ml Benzoin – Styrax benzoin – resinoid
- 100ml Arnica – Arnica montana – Carrier Oil
- 10ml Eucalyptus Radiata – Eucalyptus radiata
- 10ml Lemon Myrtle – backhousia citriodora
- 60ml Plastic Measuring Cup
Booking a Course
Courses can be booked online, by email to [email protected], or by telephone at 01455 251 020. Provisional bookings can be made by phone (Monday – Friday 09:00 am – 5:00 pm) or by email. These bookings must be confirmed by payment of a deposit (50% of the full course fee) and copies of the relevant qualifications where required. The remaining balance of the fee is due 14 days before the course starting date. All bookings will be acknowledged by post or email, with directions and accommodation details provided. The start and end times of the course and other details will be in the latter of the acceptance.
If you are unable to attend a course for any reason, the following will apply:
- Cancellations given over 14 days’ notice will receive a refund or be transferred to another course less a £10 cancellation fee.
- To take their chosen course via Distance Learning, at no extra cost, if the course is available as such.
- The option to have a 1:1 bespoke training session for an additional £75 per day. (Applies to CPD only.)
- A full refund.
Please ensure you have read and understood these terms and conditions of booking.
What to Wear?
Students at the Academy are encouraged to be relaxed and at ease. For this reason, it is recommended loose comfortable trousers and tops are worn that enable easy movement and do not restrict the body. All loose tops and shirts should be tucked in to prevent ‘trailing’ on the client for practical courses. Shoes should be flat-heeled and comfortable.