Aromatherapy Theory Refresher course aims to keep aromatherapists up to-date and competent in their work. The course is run to the student’s requirements so that time is used to the maximum advantage and benefit of the students attending.
Some of the areas which may be covered during the day are:
- Properties of essential oils
- Methods of use and mixing
- Administration and absorption of essential oils
- Ways of introducing essential oils into the body safely
- Contra-indications for the application of essential oils
- Plant Families
- Quality testing:
- Chemistry of essential oils – a recap and overview
- The formation of chemical components in essential oil
- Pharmacological properties of chemical components
Students booking onto this course are welcome to suggest any other areas which they feel they need to ascertain clarification which will also be included.
This is an excellent course for aromatherapists who have taken time out of their professional practice and are looking to refresh their skills before offering their aromatherapy treatments again with confidence. This course is also helpful for students coming up to their exams and wishing to revise the key points of aromatherapy.
Booking a Course
Courses can be booked online, by email to [email protected], or by telephone at 01455 251 020. Provisional bookings can be made by phone (Monday – Friday 09:00 am – 5:00 pm) or by email. These bookings must be confirmed by payment of a deposit (50% of the full course fee) and copies of the relevant qualifications where required. The remaining balance of the fee is due 14 days before the course starting date. All bookings will be acknowledged by post or email, with directions and accommodation details provided. The start and end times of the course and other details will be in the latter of the acceptance.
If you are unable to attend a course for any reason, the following will apply:
- Cancellations given over 14 days’ notice will receive a refund or be transferred to another course less a £10 cancellation fee.
- To take their chosen course via Distance Learning, at no extra cost, if the course is available as such.
- The option to have a 1:1 bespoke training session for an additional £75 per day. (Applies to CPD only.)
- A full refund.
Please ensure you have read and understood these terms and conditions of booking.
What to Wear?
Students at the Academy are encouraged to be relaxed and at ease. For this reason, it is recommended loose comfortable trousers and tops are worn that enable easy movement and do not restrict the body. All loose tops and shirts should be tucked in to prevent ‘trailing’ on the client for practical courses. Shoes should be flat-heeled and comfortable.