According to the Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities, learning disabilities can be defined as ‘the presence of a significant intellectual impairment and deficits in social functioning or adaptive behavior which are present from childhood’. This means that the person affected will usually have difficulties understanding, learning and remembering new things, and generalising any learning to new situations. People with learning disabilities may also have one or more physical and/or sensory impairments.
Learning Difficulties In Children & Young People Course content:
- Understanding what is meant by the term ‘Learning Disabilities’.
- Forms of learning disabilities
- The importance of the sense of touch and smell
- Choosing and blending essential oils for treatments and method of use
- Contra-indications and the safe use of essential oils
- How to prepare for treatment
Booking a Course
Courses can be booked online, by email to [email protected], or by telephone at 01455 251 020. Provisional bookings can be made by phone (Monday – Friday 09:00 am – 5:00 pm) or by email. These bookings must be confirmed by payment of a deposit (50% of the full course fee) and copies of the relevant qualifications where required. The remaining balance of the fee is due 14 days before the course starting date. All bookings will be acknowledged by post or email, with directions and accommodation details provided. The start and end times of the course and other details will be in the latter of the acceptance.
If you are unable to attend a course for any reason, the following will apply:
- Cancellations given over 14 days’ notice will receive a refund or be transferred to another course less a £10 cancellation fee.
- To take their chosen course via Distance Learning, at no extra cost, if the course is available as such.
- The option to have a 1:1 bespoke training session for an additional £75 per day. (Applies to CPD only.)
- A full refund.
Please ensure you have read and understood these terms and conditions of booking.
What to Wear?
Students at the Academy are encouraged to be relaxed and at ease. For this reason, it is recommended loose comfortable trousers and tops are worn that enable easy movement and do not restrict the body. All loose tops and shirts should be tucked in to prevent ‘trailing’ on the client for practical courses. Shoes should be flat-heeled and comfortable.