A thought-provoking course that explores how aromatherapy can be related to the higher levels of the human mind and being. The chemical properties of essential oils are considered, helping the student to equate mental processes to bodily function.
Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy have long understood the very close link that exists between mental processes, emotional distress and physical health. It is true to say that healers of all ages and traditions have been aware of the impact that the subtle has on the physical.
Aromatherapy for Stress and Emotional Wellbeing explores a wide variety of emotions and is explained in context with essential oils. Learning about the deeper influences of essential oils on the psyche improves treatment planning.
- What is Stress?
- Signs that someone may be experiencing stress
- What Happens when we get stressed?
- The Therapist’s Role
- How do essential oils help with stress?
- The Limbic System
- The Endogenous Cannabinoid System
- Methods of Use
- Essential oils that are useful for stress
- Stress Related Illnesses
- Chart of Emotional Effects of Essential Oils
- Nurture Blends
- Massage Routine for Seated Client 18
Kit Included Distance Learning only
- You Can Heal Your Life – Louise Hay
- 3ml Chamomile (Roman) – Chamaemelum nobile
- 10ml Eucalyptus Staigeriana – Eucalyptus Staigeriana
- 3ml Frankincense – Boswelli carteri
- 10ml Geranium – Pelargonium graveolens
- 10ml Nurture Spirituality – Essential Oil Blend
Booking a Course
Courses can be booked online, by email to [email protected], or by telephone at 01455 251 020. Provisional bookings can be made by phone (Monday – Friday 09:00 am – 5:00 pm) or by email. These bookings must be confirmed by payment of a deposit (50% of the full course fee) and copies of the relevant qualifications where required. The remaining balance of the fee is due 14 days before the course starting date. All bookings will be acknowledged by post or email, with directions and accommodation details provided. The start and end times of the course and other details will be in the latter of the acceptance.
If you are unable to attend a course for any reason, the following will apply:
- Cancellations given over 14 days’ notice will receive a refund or be transferred to another course less a £10 cancellation fee.
- To take their chosen course via Distance Learning, at no extra cost, if the course is available as such.
- The option to have a 1:1 bespoke training session for an additional £75 per day. (Applies to CPD only.)
- A full refund.
Please ensure you have read and understood these terms and conditions of booking.
What to Wear?
Students at the Academy are encouraged to be relaxed and at ease. For this reason, it is recommended loose comfortable trousers and tops are worn that enable easy movement and do not restrict the body. All loose tops and shirts should be tucked in to prevent ‘trailing’ on the client for practical courses. Shoes should be flat-heeled and comfortable.