Hydrolats – Their Properties and Uses is a course beginning with the source of all life – water! Hydrolats are the water by-product of the distillation process and are explained through history, through chemistry, through usage and through their properties. The course will teach about safety in application and administration and several hydrolats will be discussed in detail for clinical treatments.
Discover the many benefits and uses of hydrolats. These ‘essential’ waters are beginning to find their rightful place in aromatherapy practice, for use on a wide variety of common conditions and for the promotion of vitality. They are suited for use in all client groups. Discover their wonderful properties and benefits to the human body both on the internal and external pathways, by tasting them and blending them for various conditions. There will be some practical blending during the day, and all products made can be taken home.
- The importance and power of water
- Healing treatments with water
- Increased dilution
- How do we obtain these waters?
- Keeping qualities
- Quality 5
- Reasons for using hydrolats
- Hydrolats in association with other therapeutic products
- Uses and therapeutic values of hydrolats
- Uses of distilled waters
- Methods of use
- The individual hydrolats
Kit Included distance learning only:
- Understanding Hydrolats by Len Price
- 100ml Chamomile Roman Hydrolat
- 100ml Rose Hydrolat
- 100ml Melissa Hydrolat
- 100ml Lavender Hydrolat
Booking a Course
Courses can be booked online, by email to [email protected], or by telephone at 01455 251 020. Provisional bookings can be made by phone (Monday – Friday 09:00 am – 5:00 pm) or by email. These bookings must be confirmed by payment of a deposit (50% of the full course fee) and copies of the relevant qualifications where required. The remaining balance of the fee is due 14 days before the course starting date. All bookings will be acknowledged by post or email, with directions and accommodation details provided. The start and end times of the course and other details will be in the latter of the acceptance.
If you are unable to attend a course for any reason, the following will apply:
- Cancellations given over 14 days’ notice will receive a refund or be transferred to another course less a £10 cancellation fee.
- To take their chosen course via Distance Learning, at no extra cost, if the course is available as such.
- The option to have a 1:1 bespoke training session for an additional £75 per day. (Applies to CPD only.)
- A full refund.
Please ensure you have read and understood these terms and conditions of booking.
What to Wear?
Students at the Academy are encouraged to be relaxed and at ease. For this reason, it is recommended loose comfortable trousers and tops are worn that enable easy movement and do not restrict the body. All loose tops and shirts should be tucked in to prevent ‘trailing’ on the client for practical courses. Shoes should be flat-heeled and comfortable.